February 28, 2011

warriors week9

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. Today's the last day of the month - how do you feel you've done in February?
  3. What is your go-to favourite meal to cook? Share the recipe if possible!
  4. Share a quote or saying that is inspiring you today.
  5. Fun Question of the Week: What's your make-up routine? Wear any? Lots? Do you have a must-have?
question 1: welp i got a few blog posts in. yay for timely inspirations :) updating here is definitely the hardest. sometimes i forget i have things to say or forget what i want to say once i open that little "new post" box. i may have more to say as the semester wears on and my job hunt continues. sidebar: perhaps i should start looking at psych related jobs, instead of something just to pay the bills. i like paying my bills, but going back to being a receptionist makes me want to cry. ugh if only i could work part time without losing a huge chunk of income... i've decided to count blog reading as my reading. mostly cause i spend 95% of my life online. i'm working on it. i think going forward, mondays are internet free nights. once i'm home from class, no laptop, no twitter. i'd say no blackberry, but that would rule out txts from J. the last two weeks, i've gone sans laptop. last night was the first of no twitter, and i did pretty ok. only got on to check new replies (yay for notifications). i also scrolled through all the overnight tweets. normally, i read every single tweet since my last check. partly for info; partly in case someone misspelled my username again... work schedule is stabilizing, but my homework schedule is wonked. gotta get back on that ball

question 2: february is my least favorite month cause it's so short *fist shake* as i said to friends yesterday: short feb messed with my paychecks, felt rushed and brought me one step closer to my midlife crisis. do. not like :p although, holls pointed out the silver lining. spring is coming, which means tee shirts, breezy dresses and flip flops :D [on the paychecks, i got paid right, but i didn't realize they split the time periods differently to make the checks equal. curse my non-exemptness]

question 3: i'm teaching myself to like new things, but i'm still a simple girl. give me a big box of kraft mac and cheese (spirals preferred), and i will be happy as a clam

question 4: i don't really have one for today, but one of my life mottos is "make yourself" (thanks brandon boyd/incubus). another is "you hesitate; you die", but this mostly applies to being 17 and convinced you can beat every car on the highway...

question 5: i practically never wear makeup these days. i used to for dance, cheering and special occasions. however, i slowly realized i have zero patience for putting it on or taking it off. it seems like a waste most of the time so i just don't bother :)

via the total bully solution
{because i am currently doing quite well in both my classes despite my lack of consistent reading of material. yay me!}

my progress plus all the weekly questions on skinny (goals 1-4) and desultory (goals 5-10)