February 14, 2010

they'll make you paper mache

have i mentioned that i want a tattoo? well i do :) i love body art and have always been a little jealous of people who have any. unfortunately, i have an intense fear of needles, which doesn't lend itself much to navel piercings and mom tattoos. so i've held off for years on doing anything, easily coming up with excuses for myself ("when im thinner" "when im 21" "when i graduate"). well the waiting stops now... or on my birthday really... 2010 is the year of doing. i finally know what i want done and where i want it. basically, it's a graphic representation of my theme song: make yourself by incubus. it embodies everything that i strive to be as a person. it'll live on my inner ankle (most likely left ankle). i told Mr. InSlut about the tat, hinting (not so subtlety) that i wanted him to draw it, and he gave me this :D

 

i LOVE it. the face is my most favorite... this, as it is, will not be the tat. there are a couple of things i want to change, but i am so happy with how this actually turned out. i wasn't sure i'd be able to accurately describe how i pictured it in my head, but he nailed it. i get so excited every time i look at it so im putting it on my wall :)

this wasn't really my valentine's day gift, but it's one of the best things i've ever gotten. april 3rd, 2010 is the day i make it permanent

12 comments:

Hutch said...

I always wanted the courage to permanently ink myself, sadly I never got there. Good for you!!!

Brainless said...

i have 6 you can do it!!! I dont like needles either but it helps that its such a tiny needle you cant see it. way better than a giving blood needle

S.I.F. said...

You will love it! I waited until this last year before getting mine, and it was the most freeing and amazing experience. I still look down and catch my breath when I see them... I did a blog post about them (in January I think?) called "Inked", and I had a bunch of comments from people talking about theirs too... People are so driven by their tattoos!

JerseySjov said...

That would make for a really interesting tattoo! Just be aware that it would have to be that size or larger in order for all the detail to be there.

Don't worry about the needles- getting tattoo doesn't feel like a shot or getting a piercing; the best way I can describe it is like getting scratched very hard.

Mommalicious Mom said...

I have a Rock Star Blogger award for you on my blog...come pop in and pick it up :D

Ashley said...

LOVE IT! I can't wait to get my second one done.

Anonymous said...

well boo, and here i was hoping to hear comments on the picture :P

Juliana said...

Oh fun!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had the guts...

Anyhoo--I am new to your blog and am now following it. I see that we have some of the same bloggy friends so I figured I should pop over here. I love meeting new blogger friends. Come on by and follow back if you would like. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

Ebony Jewel said...

So freakin cute!!! Mr. InSlut is pretty good!

michelle said...

thanks for all the encouragement :) i'm starting to feel more excited than nervous. next big step is finding a good local artist

Anonymous said...

does Central PA count as "local"? we have some of the best artists on the east coast here. i'm friends with a good deal of them too (not saying i can get you a discount, but saying that they'll do an extra good job :P)

michelle said...

aren't you all kinds of helpful ;) i'll consider it. thanks :)

Post a Comment