August 15, 2011

beat the heat week7


Weight Wars
this week's questions:
  1. What have you done to help you achieve your goals?
  2. What have you done to make you feel fabulous?
  3. If your house was on fire, and you could grab ONE thing (outside of people and your computer/laptop, they are all out) what would it be?
  4. Tell us about your blog. Treat it like a book, what’s happened so far?
  5. Fun Question of the Week: Tell an embarrassing story about yourself. No dodging.
question 1: (1) bust (2) bust (3) off work (4) half counts (5) bust. being away for a week really threw me off

question 2: finally took a shower yesterday. i was feeling mega lazy so i didn't bother unstinkifying for two days. of course, then i felt mega gross. i didn't just shower though. i exfoliated, shaved and washed/styled my hair. kinda made me feel like a brand new person, and i decided to do my nails

question 3: if it happened today, i have no clue. my cell i guess. if i were better prepared, my "in case of fire/zombies" kit. it would include a flashlight, cell, emergency credit card, change of clothes, book, running shoes, snacks and weaponry

question 4: i started this blog because i wanted a place to talk about non-weight stuff. i've ranted, laughed and schmooped all over it. i fell in love with my boy, fought my way through my grad program and decided to stick with my current employer. i raised money for the komen foundation and lost almost 70 pounds. i said goodbye to my last grandparent. my blog is more a collection of short stories with the same protagonist

question 5: this is one of my favorite stories to tell because it involves my ridiculous mom. i went to catholic school from kindergarten (st. john's) through high school (spalding). st. john's didn't have a cafeteria so lunch was in our homerooms, and parents volunteered to watch us during lunch and recess. i convinced my mom to do it one time when i was in 8th grade. i was walking from the back of the room to my desk at the front. my foot got caught in someone's backpack strap, and i tripped. i fell right onto the floor, in the middle of the room so everyone saw. my mom, being the wonderful, caring person she is, burst out laughing. she asked, from the front of the room, if i was ok. i was more embarrassed that she'd laughed than i was by the fall. what a jerk :p

via
my nails aren't that intricate, but manicures are fun. we got manis and pedis before the funeral. i just went with a clear coat then. now they're blue with white tips

{follow my progress and all the weekly questions}