April 11, 2011

spring fever week2

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. {This will be a weekly question} What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. {This will also be a weekly question} What did you do this past week to make you feel good about yourself?
  3. Is your mindset future-oriented or living in the now? How does this impact you when you are working towards a goal?
  4. Is there someone in your {real} life that inspires you to strive for the best?
  5. Fun Question of the Week: Do you read blogs on the individual websites or via Google Reader?
question 1: (1) i filled up my water bottle at work and made sure to finish it before bed. must get on finishing before leaving work... the weekend was way harder. i brought my water bottle home, but didn't use it. i struggled, but managed to get my two glasses in both days (3) dunno how i did it, but i got myself out of the house every single morning by 830. i readjusted this goal to ultimately get back on my 8-5 schedule since i'm pretty sure i didn't get the job. s'ok, countdown to 12/31/2012 has begun; i'm updating my calendar as we speak :p (4) i only had a few items, but i've given each one a two week time frame for completion. i put the tasks on my google calendar, wrote them in my planner and added then to my task manager app on my phone (which put reminders on my calendar, too). it. is. on, to do list! i also added my spring fever goals so that i can cross things off every day :) (5) budget's been updated, and i'm already close to going over. i decided to limit the amount of eating out i do, including starbucks trips, after this week. i'm excluding this week only because i have freebies for my birthday. i won't be going to any concerts or happy hours until the semester is done. i also won't be stalking items on etsy and amazon for awhile after that *sigh* it's worth the sacrifices, but it still makes me a little sad (6) i mentioned last week that the first mac batch was completed with mixed reviews. i'll be eating the last of it (with chili powder and breadcrumbs) this week. i've already pulled recipes for the next round, but i'm not sure how i want to tackle it. i do know for sure i am never making a box of kraft ever again

question 2: i... didn't do anything. i skipped my workouts because of meetings, class assignments and stress. i haven't touched my 3DS or kindle for the same reason. no netflix, no jonathan strange, no mega bubble bath with wine. i cleared out about 600+ posts in my google reader, but that just made me feel guilty. i was supposed to be working on my transcription the entire time... i guess not weighing in at weight watchers is the closest i'll get

question 3: i guess i'd have to say future oriented. i love making plans and thinking about things way down the road. i don't have trouble focusing on the present, but i think having a future goal keeps me motivated to keep working on the here and now. i like having goals to strive for and knowing that i have control over where i'm headed

question 4: i think it's weird to say, but... myself. i want to be the best person i can be because i believe we should all work towards becoming our best selves. my best self changes as i grow, which is why/how i know i'm not quite complete. something internal keeps me motivated, and the people i surround myself with keep me supported

question 5: when i'm actually reading blogs on the regular, google reader. i like leaving comments, too, so i do click over. i'm reprioritizing my follows though. some of my faves have gone to partial RSS feeds, which sucks balls. i'm not clicking through 30 times when i've fallen behind. i'll skim the first five partials to see if there's anything worth opening, but the rest get marked as read. i do feel a wee guilty, but only for a few minutes. i simply don't have the time these days

via we heart it
i've taken to scrolling through the random images of we heart it a few days a week. i'm thinking of planning a trip to king's dominion this summer, which this photo reminded me of this morning. i LOVE roller coasters :)

{follow my progress and all the weekly questions}