January 17, 2010

i'm a cuckoo

i present you with my life in movies because it's 7am, i'm not tired and i'm still catching up on my google reader... ms. brittney over at lamidge loves movies and posed the following questions, which i now feel compelled to answer:

01. What film character would people say is most like you, or that you most relate to and why?
02. What film character would you most like to be and why?
03. What film is most like your love life and why?
04. What film would you most like your love life to be and why?
05. What are your three favorite films?

1 - ....gonna have to get back to you on this one....

2 - carrie bradshaw; strictly for the shoes... or auntie mame because she lived her life exactly the way she wanted, with absolutely no excuses. i truly wish i were less timid about being more adventurous

3 - snatch because it doesn't always make sense, it's filled with a hodge podge of ridiculous characters and i'm never quite sure how i wound up with a diamond in the end... just kidding. no diamonds in the near future :p

4 - love actually. specifically, i want to be jamie/aurelia because their love developed so quietly. no firey, all consuming until it destroys you passion. no giant fuckup followed by a grand gesture. no publicly broken heart that can only be mended by booze, shoes and best friends. just two people easing into a comfortable groove, slowly attaching increasingly strong emotional strings

5 - today, my faves are how the grinch stole christmas, fight club and reservoir dogs. i like movies that make me question myself/my beliefs, contain action/mild violence... or are animated kids movies... that probably says a lot about me as a person

[the title is a belle and sebastian song. it seemed fitting at the time i started writing... i might adapt this post to music at a later point since that's more suited to me]

4 comments:

Soph! said...

there's a music version of this! I used to have it on my myspace, but I've deleted it since then. :/ Wish I still had it. I would love to do it too


also, i heart belle and sebastian :)

Brittney said...

Ooo. I need to watch Love Actually!! Everyone keeps mentioning it for things and I'm like AARRGGHHH. Plus I need, you know, more reasons to sit on the couch?

Ebony Jewel said...

I freakin love Snatch, I could watch that movie all day!

Ashley @ Germato.com said...

Fight Club and Reservoir Dogs? AWESOME.

Post a Comment