January 31, 2011

warriors week5

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. January is coming to an end! How do you think you did in the month of January? Review time!
  3. Do you feel like your motivation is tapering off now that a month has passed, or are you just as motivated as the beginning of the challenge?
  4. Who/what inspires you to keep going?
  5. Fun Question of the Week:  What is the first thing you think of/do in the morning?
question 1: i wrote the last of my letters at work on monday, and they went in the mail that afternoon :) i'm out of stamps, but i have a feeling i'll have plenty of time to get more. not a single person wrote me back. only one acknowledged the letter at all. it's kinda sad that the majority didn't even comment. not sure if i want to keep writing now since i was kinda counting on responses. i have absolutely no updates since my first round of letters... thank god for scheduled posts (well, except with tumblr, which decided to have queue issues the last two weeks). i did draft a few other posts, too. just haven't gotten around to editting/finishing them... i read a whole 10 pages of jonathan strange last night. because i spent the ENTIRE rest of the day trying to read for research methods. it's excruciatingly boring, and i still have five pages left to finish. at least i did get most of my homework done. i have one handout to read and two assignments to write for tomorrow, which i plan to handle after lunch today. doing homework at work has worked out pretty nicely so far. it helps that i was on schedule for work most of the week (taking into account, again, the weather). yay for productive downtime!

question 2: not my best, but not my worst. i did manage to meet most of my goals each week, which i'm proud of. however, it took me almost all week to get there. not so proud of that. i'm going to keep breaking things up, and sticking to my life schedule to keep my stress as low as possible :)

question 3: i'm still a smidge motivated on these goals. i really want to get to work on time, keep up in class and stay in touch with friends. but i also really want to nap, drink tea and read for fun all day. i almost gave up on reading research methods because it's information i already know. i stuck it out as long as i could before shutting the book, making hot chocolate and reading a few pages of jonathan strange. the letter writing is going to be a toughie. i know everyone's busy, but it hurts a bit when you don't even know if the letters were received. my budget is the only thing i am absolutely committed to. i love playing with my monies, and this week comes with a reassessment based on january's numbers :)

question 4: it seems like every goal has a different inspiration: fellow bloggers and my life dreams. each day pushes me to my limits in some way (good and bad), and i remember why i want the things i want. i may hate research with a passion, but it's one class out of many i have to crush to become a counselor. knowing that i will one day get the chance to change kids' lives keeps me going. i don't always have something pertinent or a-maz-ing to say, but i love engaging with the blogging community. making new friends, learning new things and stretching as an online personality/offline person is an experience i have grown to crave

question 5: "uggggh don't wanna." i'm not even close to being a morning person. my bed is snuggly, and i keep the electronics within arms reach. i'm trying to set a time limit on myself, but i usually spend the first hour awake checking email and twitter from my phone. i'm an addict; we all knew that ;)


{finally got my snow day... image from somewhere in ohio. thanks, google}

my progress plus all the weekly questions on skinny (goals 1-4) and desultory (goals 5-10)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Love the snow day picture! We have had so many here in NH lately that I am going mental! We are in for another one later this week!

Anonymous said...

I am not a morning person either!! I function much better after 10 am!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I'm TOTALLY with you on #5

michelle said...

@jess: i'm kinda regretting my wish now. we've got ice/rain for the next few days. i'm so ready for winter to be over. i hope you guys don't get too slammed

@squashcakes: yes! i'm much more pleasant around then, too. sometimes i wish i worked a shift job so i could go to work later in the day

@chelsea: yay! i'm not alone :)

Post a Comment