July 11, 2011

beat the heat week2

Weight Wars

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help achieve your goals?
  2. What did you do this past week to make you feel good about yourself?
  3. Did you have a moment in your life where everything changed for you, an epiphany moment, or has it happened gradually?
  4. What made you get involved with the Beat The Heat challenge?
  5. Fun Question of the Week: What is your favourite TV Show at the moment?
question 1: i'm off to a great start; i completely botched three of my five goals. only worked out once, was late getting out of the house every day and didn't write in my journal. i did get all my water in, with a few extra glasses over the weekend. and i managed to stay on target with my budget

question 2: i spent the weekend with my best friends from college; seeing the girls was way overdue. i missed them so effing much. it's funny how much things can change but also remain the same. also hilarious that our boys are so goddamn the same, which is good cause we're four peas in a pod ;) and we finally got to meet zoe, who is the sweetest little thing :) she's so precious! there were a couple fussy moments because she's working on some new teeth, but none of us wanted to put her down ever. my favorite thing was seeing sean with her; he's such a good daddy. seeing her face light up every time he entered the room melted my cold bitchy heart

question 3: i kinda did in regards to my career. i'd become interested in english in my junior year of college. more in the evolution of speech and language than literature. unfortunately, i was thinking about how children learn speech and decided to enroll in a speech pathology grad program. my goal was dual masters and working with autistic kids. one bored semester later, i left the speech program. i felt a bit lost because i'd wasted a semester on a dream i no longer wanted. that following new year's eve was spent with my girls. there was an incident, and i tried to talk erin through the whole thing. it was in that moment that i realized psychology, my first love, was 100% where i needed to be. it's that memory that keeps me pushing forward for my master's and license

question 4: habit? lol. i've done both of the previous challenges, and i'm so glad amy started this. i've had better success sticking with my goals and changing my habits with her challenges. even though this past week was terrible, i've exceeded my own expectations in the last six months :)

question 5: that's kind of hard to decide. current shows? the talk, so you think you can dance, extreme makeover: weightloss edition. ended shows? buffy, sex and the city, foster's home for imaginary friends. older shows? the odd couple, the dick van dyke show, the golden girls... i like a lot of tv :)

via the magical world of harry potter
seeing harry potter is the highlight of my week. neal and i are doing the double feature on thursday :D how adorable are these little kidlets? correct answer: super

{follow my progress and all the weekly questions}