February 7, 2011

warriors week6

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. New month! Fresh starts! How are you feeling in February?
  3. Are you competitive? Do you find that seeing how well {or not so well} others do pushes you?
  4. What is your favourite outdoor winter activity? {Southerners can answer winter if they visit the snow, or just what you like to do outside}
  5. Fun Question of the Week: What would be your ideal way to spend a Saturday night?
question 1: i think it's interesting that all my goals are about doing things each week; there's only one (#4) that doesn't require action in and of itself. what did i do to achieve my goals? i just did them :) i scheduled posts for my tumblr (yay for the queue being back up) and wrote a little something for my other blog. i bought a new toy and lost a pound so there's two more posts ;) this week may be a bit harder. haven't been quite inspired yet, but i am catching up on my favorite blogs. i'm sure i'll have some food for thought soon enough... i read a few pages of jonathan strange, finished my readings for class (i'm even a week ahead for research methods :p), slightly modified my budget and got to work relatively on time. not too shabby if i do say so myself. i am struggling with my first paper of the semester, but i don't want to think about it right now

question 2: overall, i'm feeling pretty good. i hate it's short month-ness because it's a wee rushed sometimes, but i'm looking forward to celebrating valentine's day. that still seems odd to me. i don't hate valentine's day, but this is definitely the most excited i have been about it in a long ass time (if ever). can't wait to surprise my boy :D

question 3: super competitive about select things. who doesn't like winning? in this challenge, there are definitely moments i read other posts and wish i'd done that well or better. then i remember all the stuff i am accomplishing/have accomplished. yes, i like being mayor of the apartment, finishing an exam first and being the bestest girlfriend ever. sometimes i do take time to wallow in my own disappointment. but i know i'm not going to be first or best at everything, and the things i want won't always happen. doesn't mean i'll stop fighting to be on top, but it also doesn't mean i'll chop you at the knees in sore loser fashion

question 4: snowball fight with friends :) i haven't thrown a snowball in ages, but i always remember how much fun we had freshman year of college. i lost my dorm key in that fight, but it was totally worth it

question 5: as school stress goes up, so does my desire to stay home. i want to curl up with jesse and watch classic movies. dunno how he'd feel about the classic movies, but he's not allowed to complain if i make him soup and sammiches :p

via we heart it
{i picked my positive pics this week before opening amy's email. first big assignment of the semester + upcoming meeting with my 2nd least favorite prof is giving my brain an ass kicking at the moment. must remember this isn't over yet, and i haven't lost}

my progress plus all the weekly questions on skinny (goals 1-4) and desultory (goals 5-10)